Friday, September 10, 2021

HORRENDOUS!

The morning was nothing special. I told Tom, the termite guy, to go ahead, emailed tenants to tell them he'd be in touch, filled out the contract, added a check for the deposit, and sent it off. Otherwise, I cleared up a few hanging things. Showered and washed my hair--I may or may not have it cut today--and dressed for the doctor appointment. 

After that was the MOST HORRENDOUS EXPERINCE OF MY LIFE!  (Okay, maybe not the most, but close to it.) I had requested the Access Van to get me to my 3:40 appointment. As usual, I was told they'd be here between certain times--in this case, from 2;58 to 3:10. On the day of, got the usual call that it would pick me up in ten minutes. Went out and waited. And waited. I started to get concerned when fifteen had passed by and there was no sign of the van. Called and was told they were "trying to get you a driver."  What? It seems somebody had called in sick and nobody else was available. WHAT??? I called the doctor's office and was told they'd wait only ten minutes for somebody to come to their appointment. Access Van person then called back to say the van would be there in--well, sometime. At that point, I saw Suzanne coming back from the pool. I hailed her, she said she'd drive me, and I call doc's office and was told if I could get there in fifteen, I'd be taken. 

Damn, Suzanne wanted to change out of her bathing suit first and she did, which delayed us. Long story short, we got there, I rushed in, and was told I was five minutes too late. AAGH! Had to make another  appointment--next one, A MONTH AWAY, on October 8--damn, damn, and double damn! When I got back in Suzanne's car, I was fit to be tied (my mother's expression, of course). Suzanne saw my distress--I was furious and showing it--and said we needed a glass of wine. 

YES, that's exactly what I needed, anyway--Suzanne drinks only non-alcoholic beer.  So when we go home, we sat on our mutual front walk with our pretend beer and real wine and talked and talked. We ranged over 9/11, her brother's Downs Syndrome, and other topics we found interesting. It calmed me, the missed appointment really wasn't some kind of major disaster, and I simmered down.

The important thing was, I realized how lucky I was to have what I have, including somebody like Suzanne for a neighbor. 

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...