Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Monday

I spent much of the morning preparing some T.O.P.S. stuff for Noreen. I added the pictures and rhymes I had used, plus a few weight-related writings. Just as a joke, I put in my before (204 pounds) and after  (127). Put it all in a large envelope and took off for the bus.

Noreen was sitting in the outside area when I got there at 1:00. I was glad to see her, as I like her so much. She hasn't had an easy time of it with the death of her son and some physical problems, but she's pretty cheerful. I was a little hesitant about what to order, but settled for a soup and half sandwich combo. The soup was creamy and very good. The sandwich consisted of cheese, tomato, and raw red onion. I thought sure I couldn't manage the last, but I was able to bite, chew, and eat it fine.

Naturally, we talked and talked--a lot about our childhood religions. Noreen was raised Baptist, of all things, and now has somewhat hazy ideas about an afterlife, a god who listens to prayers, and so on. Since she lost her son last year, she says she's sometimes depressed, but she does have other interests, including two huge Weimaraners, which would probably scare the hell out of me. It occurred to  me that I'd like to have a little ladies luncheon, so I asked Noreen if she would come if I invited her. (You never know if someone might be uneasy inside with others) and she said she would love to. Good, and I'll ask Julie, tomorrow when we go out. That leaves another seat and I'm trying to think of who would be compatible. Not sure yet. We went over the T.O.P.S. stuff I had brought and she was very grateful. Said goodbye about 3:00 and I went down Main to get the bus. 

While I was on my way, my cousin, Sally, from San Diego called. She said she'd like to come see me and Betty in October. Sure thing, but we'll have to coordinate in light of my trip to Jersey, which will probably be in October, too. Sally's going to Florida to see her daughter tomorrow and will call when she gets back. 

Ellen called after dinner to discuss me taking her and Greg out for dinner. He's going to Colorado for a few days, so we postponed until next week. 

Note: Darn, I had a terribly sleepless night. Awoke about 3:30, tossed and turned until 5:00, when I got up. I intend to clean up all my paper and desk work today, so will try to take a nap.

No comments:

Saturday

Instead of taking my usual sandwich when I meet Diane for lib lunch, I made a salad. Walked over the footbridge, dropped the book off at the...