Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Monday

Still pretty busy. Did a load of wash in the morning, then dusted and mopped the floor, and got out the dishes I want to use for my little luncheon today. My dental appointment was at 1:15, so I had an early lunch--which consisted of a hard-boiled egg and cottage cheese on bread. Rushed out and got the bus and arrived at Dr. B.'s office at 12:30--45 minutes early and they close for lunch.

Actually, that turned out to be a good thing: There was a sign on the door of ophthalmologist who had been next door to the effect that he had moved across the street. I walked over and asked if they too Blue Shield and yes, they do, so great--this will be a more convenient place for me to go.

Went back to the office at 1:15 and the dental technician took me right away. His name is Dave and the cleaning took a full hour. Ellen called later and she was amazed--her cleanings take about fifteen minutes. (But you see, the difference is that she had taken care of her teeth.) Anyway, Dave is a neat guy. He's 53, used to live in Vermont and his wife is seven years older than he is, and I heard lots more. I guess some people would be annoyed at that, but I loved it.  I questioned him about doesn't he think it's weird to be looking in people's mouths all the time, but he said no, it's different when it's your profession. He also gave me information about what tarter is and how it forms from plaque, plus saliva, plus bacteria, and so on. Fascinating. 

Walked back to the transit center and hopped a bus to town. There, I stopped into one of my favorite shops and bought six Margarita glasses--everybody needs six Margarita glasses, don't they? Home about 4:00 and I went right over to Von's to get stuff for today. I'm duplicating the Frenchified lunch I served Suzanne, Vickie, and Mary: French bread with ham and swiss cheese, red and white wine, and I'm going to make a apple crisp today. Got vanilla caramel swirl ice cream to go on top.

When I got home, I emptied the dishwasher, cleaned the stove, and generally tidied up. I then sat down to yet another weird meal--rice and two kinds of squash--and read more of one of the best books ever: The United States of War, by a professor at American University named David Vine. I'm going to get in touch with him soon. 

No comments:

Saturday

Instead of taking my usual sandwich when I meet Diane for lib lunch, I made a salad. Walked over the footbridge, dropped the book off at the...