Thursday, September 16, 2021

Jim, Julie, and John Steinbeck

Jim called at 8:00 am, asking "did I wake you?" Ha--he should know better. Anyway, he called to ask when we could get together and he'll be over today. Gee, that's three lunch dates this week--I'll have to see about filling in the rest of the week 😁.

I got an email from SO-FI (they should change the name to SOBs) apartments to the effect that we're now going to be assessed a fee for paying rent and other charges by credit and debit cards. Un-friggin'-believable! 

Sharon called to tell me she wouldn't be able to come to T.O.P.S. on Friday. Hmm...that means there'll probably be only Bobby and Julie, besides me. What a drag.

Speaking of Julie, I had a good day with her. She picked me up at noon and we went to the farmers' market. I didn't get as much as last week, but bought a squash and tomatoes. Meant to buy more peaches, but just forgot. We went from there to Aloha for lunch. I had their good white roughy, rice, plus, of course, a Chef Peak. Had a nice leisurely meal, sharing our backgorunds. We then walked The Promenade to the estuary and back, about a mile and a half. From there, we went to first, Office Max, so I could get ink, then across the street to WinCo. I completed my grocery shopping--spinach, broccoli, and so on--then home. 

I finished watching East of Eden. Not only did I find the acting stilted, I thought the the story line was badly done. It failed to flesh out several characters, didn't resolve the conflict between Cal and Aaron, and made Abra look like a two-timer. I'm half tempted to read the book, but I never enjoyed Steinbeck, although I've been in the house where he grew up--twice.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...