Monday, August 16, 2021

Sunday In Santa Barbara

Another good, full day. Walked in the morning (2 plus), had lunch, picked up Ellen, and drove to Santa Barbara to get niece Carolyn, then went on to Villa Alamar. It's very attractive, kind of adobe style and nicely maintained. (At those prices, it ought to be.) Unfortunately, a resident had gotten COVID, so inside visits were not allowed. In the anteroom, an attendant asked us to fill out forms, took our temperatures, and gave us hospital style masks and face shields. We then able to meet Betty in the very attractive inner court. 

We had a good time, considering. This seems to be the right place for Betty and clearly, she enjoyed seeing us. She was nicely animated and seems happier than she had. Of course, there are still "issues," as that dreary modern expression goes, but I'm convinced this is the right place for her. We stayed for more than an hour, then said goodbye. In a funny way, it's both hard and easy to leave her. On the one hand, I iss her when we do and on the other, I'm relieved to get away. I'm hoping to be able to get back there in a few weeks. 

We had pizza at Carolyn's, then sat talking girl talk for a good long time. Home late--it was after 9:00. Happily, I slept well the last few nights. Hope I'll be able to do the same after my ordeal today.

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...