Monday, August 30, 2021

Sunday

 For Sunday, it wasn't a bad day at all. I got up late--presumably, because I had had such a hard time sleeping--so didn't have breakfast until 9:30.  I completed the crossword, which was a good one involving Beverly Sills and puzzles--charming. Stripped the bed and did a load of whites.

After late lunch, I walked to The Market and got a half dozen nice grapefruits, plus some cookies. Walked up Victoria to Telephone, where I passed this demonstration:

(Click on the picture to enlarge.)

Yes, there's a powerful force that wants to recall Governor Newsom. They're conservative right-wingers, not my cup of tea, but then, neither are the neo-liberals. I smiled at the demonstrators when I walked past them on the way home and they smiled back. I honestly don't care if he stays in office or not.

Home, I did something I haven't done for more than two years, since B.C. (not, of course, "before Christ," but "before COVID"): I sat on the patio in the sunshine reading Billy Summers,* and enjoyed a cold beer and crackers. 

Ellen called in the evening and we had a good talk.  Aside from that, the best news is that I slept soundly through the night and just got up at my usual 6:30--boy, what a difference that makes!

*I think King has topped himself with this one--it's absorbing and has a lot more depth than some of his others. 



No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...