Saturday, August 14, 2021

Friday

Did not one, not two, but three loads of wash. Put in the first before I met the gals for T.O.P.S. which took place here. Damn, I gained: 2.8 on home scale for 130.8, 2.2 on T.O.P.S. scale, for 131.6. What's weirdly ironic is I lost exactly the same last week, so I just went down, then up. I don't really care much, but don't like the over-130 one.

The meeting itself was fairly okay. There were five of us; Lenny had at least a sketchy sort of meeting; I contributed info on The Bible Diet (interestingly healthy, actually) and a study on how much processed and ultraprocessed foods kids are eating (unhealthy in the extreme). Sharon held forth on her usual unrelated crapola and I didn't get breakfast until 10:30, but okay. 

I went home, made the bed, dusted and Bona-washed the hard floors, swept the patio and front walk, and otherwise cleaned up here and there. Showered, washed my hair, selected what to wear for the wine and music at The Townehouse, and--the big news--deviated from my usual big salad lunch and had a sandwich--I dunno, just felt like it. Jim picked me up at 2:30 and off  we went.

It was pretty much fun--well, not the riotous type, that's a cinch, but the soothing kind. Anne, the activities director, remembered me from years ago when I used to attend. Jim and I sat in the beautifully landscaped "rose garden"; the roses are in only one section and very lovely, but the rest is wonderfully done. The main building and the "villa" (big bucks needed to live in them) form a kind of central square and the entertainment goes on there under a temporary tent. Yesterday, it was a singer named Tom Weaver, with a big mane of white here, surely in his late sixties or seventies himself. He sang all oldies; I'm sure this is standard for this kind of venue--the people living there are not anxious for Iggy Pop.  

The activities director, Anne H., was there. She said she remembered me from before and, before I left, I told her I'd send her a proposal. I'm going to see about the possibility of setting up an Acting For Amateurs class there--it may be unlikely, but I might as well give it a stab. 

Anyway, Jim and I enjoyed it. We were served wine, of course, but I was taken aback that there were no nibbles with it. In earlier years, a nice array of wine, cheese, grapes, and so on, was offered, but not now. I assume that has to do with the COVID thing--not sure. The show lasted about an hour and fifteen, so I got home before 5:00.  

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...