Sunday, August 08, 2021

 Went over to Von's early to get the makings for a typical French lunch, according to Martha Stewart. This isn't much different than an American lunch: ham and Swiss cheese on a buttered baguette. I was going to buy a more authentic long baguette, but saw a package labelled "French Bread" that was in individual rolls, so got that. I then set up the table for my little luncheon: 

And what a nice little luncheon it turn out to be. My guests came, as planned, at 12:30 and for a time, I had Edith Piaf singing "Non, je ne regrette rien" to carry out the French theme. I had the wine from Provence I had bought,  but Vickie declined. She brought non-alcoholic wine, which she and Suzanne had; Mary had soda. We sat in the living room and chatted for about a half hour, then I put out the food and we sat down. Everybody liked the sandwiches, salad, and especially, my crystal pickles. Suzanne had brought over the birthday cake and we put it in my room. I went in and lit the candles, then brought it out and we sang the song. Mary liked all of it, including the little child's device I got her (a stylus is used to reveal something on a card) and, of course, the cake. I also made her a card with a little birthday rhyme, each line starting with the letters of her name.

(Ha--I accidentally turned the font color red and now it doesn't want to go back to black, but actually, I like it like this, so will keep it for now.)

Vickie brought me a nice bottle of red (I'm not sure if its Merlot or not) and Suzanne this lovely rose she grew in her garden:
They stayed until about 4:00, then I cleaned up, loaded the dishwasher, and left. Bused to town, where I strolled Main and bought some sheets. Got home after 6:00; I wasn't hungry after the sandwich I had at lunch, so just went into the computer to see if my ban re Facebook had been lifted yet... 

Oh, I didn't mention I had been banned from posting or commenting? It's a weird story: My posts and comments were disallowed for thirteen hours because I had gone "against community standards." Tomorrow, I'll explain what happened and if anyone thinks we don't live in cuckoo land, I beg to differ. 


No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...