Thursday, August 05, 2021

Wowee, What A Fun Day!

It started out mundane enough, with just a 9:45 dentist appointment, but about 8:00, I got a text from my great-nephew, Vic Micolucci, saying "Are you in Santa Barbara?" I was sure it was a hacker, but called my niece, his mother, to find that was legit; he and a friend were in L.A. and on their way to Yosemite We texted back and forth and I suggested we meet at the Ventura museum, near the mission. We did, then strolled down Main and, since he wanted tacos, I took them to Limon y Sal, where we had lunch. We had great talk and a lot of fun. Vic said he and Jeff are "looking for wives." When they get serious, they shouldn't have any problem finding them, considering they had dates in various cities in California. Also, they're both pretty easy on the eyes. 

We said goodbye about 3:00, after taking pictures at the fountain. Vic asked to drop me off, but I wouldn't hear of it. We were right near the stop I take several times a week and I wanted to stop at the Market on the way home anyway. We hugged goodbye after a great day. Here are Vic and me in front of the mission. 

Home, I heard from Ellen that Greg's PSA level is .004, which is good news that means he won't need radiation for now. The doc wants to test every three months and, if it stays low, presumably, he won't need to be "zapped." 

Niece Carolyn then called and we had a very long talk about Betty and her situation in the new facility. There are some problems, but hopefully, they're aren't major.  Carolyn said Betty sometimes introduces her as "my twin sister." Far from making me feel bad, I think that's funny. I guess you have to take amusement where you find it.

Betty herself then called, thanks to her helper, Elizabeth. I chatted with both of them and was glad to do it.  

Here's the start of official Vic info on Vic. It's fun to see him on the Internet and realize he's my brother, Larry's, grandson.  

Vic Micolucci

I-Team reporter, anchor

Photo does not have a caption
Vic Micolucci is a news anchor and investigative reporter at News4Jax. He anchors the 8 and 9 a.m. hours of “The Morning Show” Monday through Friday and reports from the field in the afternoons.


 


No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...