Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Widder Group And Other Stuff

It was raining when I got up, so I jettisoned the Kimball walk.* After breakfast, I did a lot of this and that on the laptop and straightened up a few drawers--I have plenty more to do.
Jumped in the shower, dressed, then left for the bus about 11:45. Luckily, it had stopped raining by then and, after boarding and un-boarding from the second bus, I got to the Stone Fire Grille just a little late.
Ran into Bobbi R., from T.O.P.S. and Beach Cities Neighbors and Newcomers (which I didn't rejoin) and chatted with her before sitting with the widder group. There were ten of us, a good group, and I sat at the end with Greg, Gayle, and Anne. We had a ball, laughed like fools, and greatly enjoyed ourselves. Unfortunately, Nancy wasn't there. Carolyn B. was there and she said Nancy had some stomach problems.
Left about 1:30 and caught the bus to town. Did the usual and when I was back on Main at the bus stop, Betty called. We had a conversation I won't repeat here; I'm looking forward to seeing her on Thursday. I talked to niece Carolyn later.
Called Nance when I got home and we had a long talk. She's feeling better, but isn't sure she can go to Diane's tomorrow for Happy Hour, as her son's car is in the shop and he's been borrowing hers. I'm not sure if Carolyn can go, either, as she has to take her daughter to college, although that's in Ventura, so maybe. Otherwise, we may postpone.
I also have the Dudley House pot luck tomorrow. I found a good recipe for appetizers, consisting of rolling meat, cream cheese, and lettuce up in tortillas, then making pin wheels. It happens that I bought a big bag of tortillas--don't ask me why--so I'll use them.
The Yandoo person is supposed to come this morning between 8 and 12 to hook up the new box. I think I'm just going to resign myself to paying the extra thirty a month.
* These Californians are so droll: Yesterday, my phone conveyed the news of a "precipitation alert." Good grief, a very mild, gentle rain dripped down for a few hours--you'd think the monsoon was about to sweep us away! Ha.



No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...