Saturday, January 19, 2019

Glorious Sun!

Oh, happy day, the sun came out! It was still a bit chilly when I walked Kimball, but the sun was peeking over the hills and that was so good to see.
Went to T.O.P.S. after, but just weighed in and begged off attending the meeting, citing my cold.  Luckily, I was a little horse, so it was believable. The truth is I just could not face another unformed, unfocused, uninteresting snooze fest conducted by an unprepared and, it sometimes seems, simple-minded "leader."  Besides, I was hungry.
Scale said 131.3, with which I was satisfied. Considering that the rain prevented me from some of my usual walking routine, I was happy to be down 1.7 pounds.
Home, had breakfast, then stripped the bed and remade. Took the used sheets and some whites to the laundry building and, while they were washing and drying, got a few chores done. I've been trying to assemble and organize my picture memorabilia for the longest, and took a stab at that, but didn't get much done.
Stella called, asking me to go to zumba with her, which I won't do at this point. Maybe sometime I will, but not now. Her mobile is so bad I can hardly understand her, so she said she'd call me from her landline later. In truth, she's not my type and I''m not hers, but I don't mind being with her occasionally.
After lunch, I strolled to the bus, rode  to town and happily resumed my routine, doing the library to Promenade to Main to library loop. Stopped at Von's on the way home for a few little items, ate dinner (tilapia and acorn squash, both of which were delicious, then jumped in the shower. I was thrilled that the press-on fingernails didn't come off when I washed my hair--this is going to be my fingernail dressing from now on.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...