Monday, January 28, 2019

Happily Busy

Walked Kimball and I was pleased to see many of the regulars. Also delighted that it was warmer. After breakfast, I did a load of wash, then looked on Craig's List for a gardener to plant my ficus and clean up the patio garden. "John" gave me a reasonable price (I had taken a picture of the patio and texted it to him) and will be here at 10 tomorrow.
I scrubbed and trimmed two pounds of carrots and put them in the slow cooker with pieces of tangerine, skin and all. Went to WinCo and Sprouts for lots of fruits and veggies. After lunch, the carrots were finished; I removed them and put in the rest of a roast chicken I had.
Took the bus to town and did the loop. Stopped at the library for a bit, then home. Carolyn called and we discussed Betty's visit here and mine back to Santa Barbara with her. I'll get her on Thursday, as planned.
I had defrosted a tuna steak for dinner, but instead had some of the chicken--it came out very tender--plus carrots and fresh Brussels sprouts. I'm holding the steak over for tonight; must get some mushrooms to go with it. Sliced and froze the rest of the chicken.
I go to Diane's for exercise class today at 10, then will meet Connie at 1:20 to look at a costume she has for the Art Comes Alive thing. Not sure if I'll wear that or the one I wore last year.


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...