Sunday, January 20, 2019

Various And Sundry

(I didn't have an Internet connection until just now at 7:34 am. It was the server's problem, as I found out after I had called and was on the phone checking things with somebody in Georgia.)
Walked Kimball yesterday, but didn't this morning, as my cold had now entered the nose-running-like-a-faucet-all-day phase. However, I'm savvy enough to know that since the nose yield is clear, there's no infection (right, Dr. Patti?).
As for Saturday: Went to Sprouts for swordfish and fresh jumbo shrimp, then the a few other places. Drove to the library to attend its book sale and bought four of them. Home for lunch, then back to town on the bus and I did the usual loop.
I was just walking in the door when Mike and the girls called via a phone video call. What fun to see them--Vivian was making cookies, Violet was building a house (virtually, of course), and Mike was overseeing--or something. I asked where Paula was and she's in Montenegro for the week. Ha--it occurred to me that if my mother traveled anywhere by herself--which was seldom--when we were that age, it would have been on the trolley to Atlantic City.
Anyway, I greatly enjoyed seeing them. Vivian show me her new heart earrings; she said they were from her boyfriend, Donald or maybe "Donno." Good grief, she's only fourteen and a half, too young to have a boyfriend, isn't she? (Although come to think of it, I had a big crush on somebody named Pat Molloy when I was that age.)
Note: If my medical adviser is reading this, I want her to know I intend to take it easy today. I'm tired of this cold and will now coddle myself until it goes away.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

That's probably right. Let's hope it stays at that stage. If you start coughing...take plain Mucinex (get generic)...cheaper. However, it's probably just a plain old cold. I had to click so many images in order to post this...

Mimi said...

Pat, I don't know how that clicking images and "verifying" thing got started. It just appeared one day--I have to do it, too. If I ever get around to it, I'll see if I can get it off--it's annoying!

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...