Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Enjoyable Day

Walked Kimball, had breakfast (with the paper!), then drove to Pep Boys to meet Ellen. I was early, as ever, but she came at 10:00, found out how long the work would take on her car, then we left.
El drove--that was fine with me, in fact, I prefer it--and we went first to Kohl's for her to return the slippers I gave her. While browsing, we came across an electronic add-on called "Roku Ultra." As I understand it, it provides television service without odious outfits, such as Yandoo and Time Warner. I took a picture of it and will investigate further.
We then went to Target, where El bought a number of items and I found an interesting ceramic and wood piece I got for my coffee table. Went to The Avenue and Office Max, then, finished our errands, we had lunch at Poke U and Me.
This is a newly opened, kind of a Japanese (I guess) food place and boy, I thought it was great. You devise your own meal, having choices of ten or so items in five or six different groups. I chose spring mix with shrimp, tuna (raw), crab, onions, mango, and dozens of other things. You don't add them yourself, but tell the person behind the counter what  you want. The place was very clean and the service person was courteous and friendly; I did think it was somewhat high-priced,
We then went back to my place, where Ellen fixed my Apache Word, and the two of us looked  over some of the old family pictures, of which I have hundreds spanning more than that many years.
I took her back to Pep Boys, stopping on the way at the P.O. to send my 123 And Me box in, and we said goodbye. I drove to town, walked from the museum to The Promenade to Main Street, back to the car, and drove home.
I was pleased to get a call from my brother, Jim, wishing me a happy new year, and I called my dear friend, Aline B., for the same reason. We had a good talk and I hope to--if it works out--see her in May.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...