Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Happy Hour at Pacific by noru

Kimball, then breakfasts, then John, the Gardener, came. He and his helper, Richard, did a quick and efficient job of planting my ficus tree and cleaning up the patio. I was very pleased.
Nancy called and we had a long talk, mostly about our concern for our friend, Carolyn, who had decided not to join us for Happy Hour yesterday because she thought it might rain. Nancy wasn't coming, either. Nance and I talked for almost an hour about Carolyn and a range of other topics. We'll look at what's playing at the Regency on Tuesday, too, and then raise a glass at The Cave. 
I spent quite some time consulting the Ventura County, the Ventura to Santa Barbara,and the Santa Barbara City bus books to figure out where and when to arrange the Betty visit. First bus leaves at 9:20 this morning..
Spent time re-memorizing my Art Comes Alive talk and other things I can't even remember. Lunched and did more things (I know I did something, but what?) until it was time to get the bus for town and Happy Hour.
Met Diane at 4:00 at Pacific by noru and "Ru," the part-owner and chef came out to talk to us. Diane and I love the place and we  had a great time. We stayed, incredibly, until 6:00, also talking over the situation with Carolyn. Didn't get home until 7:30.  Stopped at Von's and got some blueberries and bananas, as it occurred to me I'm supposed to bring something to Toastmasters tonight; decided on fruit salad. Bringing Betty, too.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Tell Betty I said 'Hello'.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat, I will.

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...