Saturday, January 12, 2019

T.O.P.S. And Zucchini

Saw Irene and Diane walking Kimball and was pleased to hear D. had enjoyed the Pompeii exhibit as much as I did. Got home, changed, then went to T.O.P.S., where I weighed in at--AAGH! A hundred and thirty three! That's almost three pounds up from last week, lawks-a- mercy- me! I've been living high off the hog lately and that resulted in the gain. At the same time, I wasn't walking as much. But I'm confident I can swing back to my new normal, my self-imposed range being 125 to 130.
I had bought five big zucchinis the other day and after breakfast, I scrubbed and trimmed them, sliced some onions, and added olive oil, garlic, and seasonings and put it all in the slow cookers. Yes, both of them, because there was so much. Maybe I'll give some to Suzanne.
Lunch, then to Von's for blueberries--I'm an addict--and after that, to Satan's present to the world, Wal-Mart. I had thought I'd get a gift card for Lewis, whose birthday party I'm attending today. I've never met him, although I know Sharon, his wife, well. She was in both my acting classes here and is also in T.O.P.S.  I thought twenty bucks was sufficient, so I took the card to the cashier. I was then stunned to find they charge $4.78 cents extra! That's a fourth of what the card is worth and hell, no, I'm not paying that. Instead, I'll put a twenty-dollar bill in a card. Interesting, if you get a gift card  of the same amount on line, it looks as if there's no extra fee. Should have thought of that.
Took the bus to town and returned the two Pompeii books back to the library, then walked to The Promenade and did the loop. Stopped in a store and bought two pairs of socks--I've been wearing socks lately. I then walked roughly a mile past where I usually get the bus and was pleased to do so. I figure I did about five miles yesterday and that's a good total.
I had a big bowl of the zucchini with my tuna steak for dinner and it was delicious.
Note: 6:30 am: Darn, I just looked outside and it's raining quite a bit. Hope it doesn't spoil the party.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...