Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Slow Day

Walked Kimball, had breakfast, then went for my mammogram. That didn't take long, but as always when I have any kind of medical test, I'm uneasy until I get the results.
Took my empty Diet 7 Up bottles to Paul at the recycle place in the Von's shopping center and got a big $1.70 for them. I immediately spent it on pickled beets at Von's.; also  bought ground turkey.  When I got back, Suzanne opened her dppr and gave me a bag of  five lovely lemons. Somebody at St. John's, where she works, brings them in. I'll take three to give the gals at happy hour today.
Spent time on the computer and some household chores. Actually, it must not have been very exciting because I don't even remember what all I did.
After lunch, I went out to the bus stop, but missed two while I was still walking there. I waited for a while, then got tired of it and left. Instead of going into town, I drove the car to the harbor, just for a drive  Went from there to the Hill Street library and took out a CD on Trump's first period in the White House. Not sure why; I just didn't see anything else very interesting.
Home, I trimmed and chopped (using  my trusty Chop Wizard) four large onions and sauteed them with the ground turkey for dinner. Added some mushrooms I had left over and it was very tasty.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...