Thursday, January 24, 2019

Happy Hour and Hospital

Walked Kimball, then got a lot done after breakfast. That included a load of wash (clothes) and a load of wash (bathroom rugs). I also dusted (dry mopped), then wet mopped the hard floors--finally. After lunch, I did a lot of back and forth e-mail with Connie K, about the Art Comes Alive stint at the Maritime Museum; I'll reprise my fifteenth-century fishwife impersonation.
Niece Carolyn called, then I talked to Betty. I invited her to come visit for a few days next week, thinking I'll take her to my Humor & Drama meeting next Thursday. I'm not sure if we can arrange that, but we'll see.
After lunch, I got on the bus for town. Went to the P.O. to mail yet more of Mike's and Paula's mail, then walked the loop, as usual. I stopped into The Coalition and saw a kind of wooden bench with a pillow, which may be just right for placing at the bottom of my bed. But--would it be too close to my desk chair? Do I really need it? Do I want to pay thirty bucks for it? Darn, I'm not so sure now. I'm mulling it over.
Ran into Diane on Main--both of us early for Happy Hour--and accompanied her to Child Abuse Thrift Store, where she bought a gorgeous burgundy bedspread, two sofa pillows, and an elegant vase. Diane used to own and eight-bedroom house in San Francisco (until the bankruptcy) and has a great eye for decorating.
Got to Pacific By Roku and Nancy and Carolyn came soon after. It was a little chilly, so we moved inside. I had a wonderful roasted garlic with pesto and sourdough bread, the others some kind of chicken. However, when they saw mine, all three ordered what I had, in addition to the chicken. Incredibly, my bill, including my Chief Peak beer, came to only $5.75. I added a generous tip, but even so, it was significantly less expensive than any of the other Happy Hours we go to.
I left to get the bus home, but still didn't make it before it got dark. I'm used to that now, though, so no prob.
Note: I often write the first part of this blog in the evening, as I did above, then top it off in the morning. I did that yesterday (Wednesday) This morning about 3 am, I woke up with a bad headache. By 8 am it was worse. Susanne too me the hospital. Blood pressure up. lots of tests, all okay. Home now and much better. Ellen here. More later.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...