Friday, January 25, 2019

Yesterday

Damn, yesterday wasn't the greatest. Upshot of all the tests and so on is I don't have a brain tumor or a stroke, but for some reason, my blood pressure had gone up. They brought it down at the hospital and all seems okay. In fact, Suzanne brought her B.P. machine over after I got  home and after I had  slept for four hours, and it's at its usual rather low again. Suzanne also got my medication (one for pain, one for nausea) and called she had Ellen, who came over immediately after I got up.
What a pleasure that was! We chatted for an hour or so, then El went across to Von's and got salad, a roast chicken, and a pint of ice cream. We ate, then I napped on the couch while she sat at the kitchen table and did some of the class work she would have done at home. She left about 7:00 and I resumed my normal routine: Jewel Match Royal, a computer game, then Frazier until 9:00 and bed. Slept like a stone all night and feel fine today.  I'll report all this to my doctor today and maybe dropped off some of the reams of paper work.
Dr. R.: What's your take on this, i.e. why would this sudden high b.p. have happened, do you think? BTW, Suzanne is going to bring her machine over today to check it again.

3 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary, I don't know but I can speculate. You had a cold which could cause a headache which could make the B/P go up. I'm interested to hear what the MD thinks. I'm sorry you had this experience because it can be scary. Headaches ...severe headaches out of the blue need to be evaluated. Glad you got checked.
The fact that you're back to normal so soon makes me think my speculation above may be correct. Nevertheless, it's only speculation. So glad you are back to normal. A little bit of free advice RBM I do think you should have pampered yourself during the cold. We're not 50,60, or 70 anymore and little things like a 'cold' take a toll on us in different ways.

Mimi said...

I understand what you mean, Pat, and maybe I should have. I so seldom have illnesses or other physical problems, I guess I take good health for granteed and tend to ignore illnesses as much as possible. But..with that said, I don't want to get fixated on my health. I know plenty of people who have serious conditions they have to attend to. My friend, Diane, who's coming to lunch tomorrow has nephropathy; she can't feel her legs. Nancy, one of my other friends whom I've mentioned has chronic anemia and has to get infusions every few weeks. Okay, if I ever get a cold again (it's remarkable how seldom I do), I'll try to slow down a bit. Anyway, thanks for the info. Note: Suzanne just took my B.P. and it's 131/77. That seems high, but she said it might be just because I just came in from walking.

iloveac said...

You should always sit calmly for 5 minutes before you have your B/P taken
and your arm should be on a table with the middle of the cuff at heart level. If there is no table the person taking your B/P should support your arm because you supporting your own arm makes your muscles contract and can change the reading.
Now, of course, many people including MD office people do not properly do this, but it's not a major problem.

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...