Thursday, January 03, 2019

Victoria Pub

Walked Kimball, then did the usual. After breakfast, I went out and bought three pounds of tomatoes, three large onions, and more blueberries. I've been eating, during my only snack time (8 pm), 16 ounces of blueberries and I can't seem to get along without them.
Cut up the tomatoes and onions, added garlic, olive oil, and vinegar, and put them in the oven, as usual. Put a healthy scoop of the finished article in my salad and I'll have enough for several more days.
Showered, washed my hair, and changed for Happy Hour at the Victoria Pub, a kind of pseudo-English place that actually turned out to be pretty nice. I walked there, as I knew it was only a mile and a half and I wouldn't be able to do my town walk.
Diane was already there and I was early, so we had a nice talk with just the two of us. Nancy and Carolyn came and we settled down to our beer (me), wine (Diane and Nancy), and soda (Carolyn). They had "small plates" and we all got one, mine a really delicious pasta with chicken. It was just enough and, since I don't eat pasta (or rice or potatoes) as a rule, it was a treat.
Diane invited us to her place next time to see a movie and I'll go early, at 1:00, to join her in her tai chi class. I'm not that anxious to practice it, but am interested because I've seen done in the park in Hong Kong.We had a great time, except that Diane didn't have a ride home, plus she had forgotten her phone. I didn't have my car and Carolyn didn't seem anxious to take her home, so I got Lyft on my phone and arranged or her to be picked up. I stayed with her until the guy came.
It was after 6:00 and dark out when we left and I considered getting a bus home, but decided to walk, which I did with no problem.


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...