Saturday, September 29, 2018

Back At Kimball

I'm back at Kimball--oh, joy! Ran into Carolyn and Bob with Hazel, Sue, Shelley and her husband with Joey, but not Irene, Diane, or Ed with Lola. I may have been a little later than usual; will go earlier today.
Home, changed, and went to T.O.P.S. I was surprised that I had gained a tad, to 129. but that's okay; I think it's just a natural variation. The meeting was actually pretty good for a change. Lolly did the program and had a good handout about portions. It involved how many calories were originally in various foods, such as French fries, bagels, and soda, say, twenty years ago, and how the portions--and calories--have grown. Yes, indeed. I always remember how when my Japanese daughter-in-law was here a few years ago, she actually took pictures of what we were served when we went out. She was astounded at the size of the portions.
Came home to finally get my breakfast two hours late, as usual on Fridays, then spent some enjoyable time prepping the goodies I had bought the day before. I sliced up two pounds of tomatoes and onions, and seasoned and roasted them. Also cooked up a spaghetti squash, scooped out the "meat," and got it ready for dinner last night. (The rest of dinner was salmon and spinach.)
When I went out to get the bus, it occurred to me that I might as well see where it went in a direction other than town. Got on one that went to "Center Point Mall." I had no idea where that was, but it turned out to be in Oxnard, the next town over. I enjoyed looking out and just stayed on the bus until it got back to Ventura.
Got off and went to Fantastic Sam's to make an appointment for a color and cut on Monday. Lolly has her hair done there and I like it. Turns out they don't take appointments, so I'll just go at 9:00. Stopped into Von's and got black grapes, then hopped on another bus to get closer to home. I figure I still walked two miles or more, so that was good.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...