Sunday, September 09, 2018

Saturday Continued

Just continuing what I didn't write yesterday:
About 5:00, Nancy called and invited me to to to the Maritime Museum next Sunday with her and her daughter-in-law, Erin, then lunch. I accepted with pleasure, then we chatted for almost an hour. After that, I called Ellen and made plans to take her to dinner at Stephen's Greek on Tuesday, her birthday.
I get a little restless and antsy late in the afternoon, so thought I'd drive to WinCo for cottage cheese. Ran into Suzanne on the way to my car and we stopped to talk. We stood there for 45 minutes, discussing Jim and Frank's visit, then veering into the various orders of nuns and the changes that have happened in the Church and the orders in the past, say, sixty years. After that, I decided not to go to WinCo; in fact, was feeling better about things in general.
One reason for that was another phone call. I won't go into detail, but it heartened me so much, I didn't even need to take a drive anywhere. So the day ended well, I'm glad to say. I'm even looking forward to some relatively quiet time today (Sunday).

Note: I forgot to mention this interesting fact before: My nephew, Jim, delivered his own baby! Was it sudden, and in a car, maybe?  No, and Sandra had her own obstetrician in the room, who stood by, but he actually brought his boy, Justin, into the world. I asked Jim if maybe Sandra immediately took charge of the kid--she's a pediatrician. (Ha!)

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...