Tuesday, September 11, 2018

F., F., And F.

Damn, yesterday was equal parts frustrating, infuriating, and fulfilling. Walked Kimball, had breakfast, and blah, blah, blah, then drove to town early.
I had seen a small, very slim bookcase at The Coalition on Sunday, and thought it might replace the clunky old one I had under my window in the bedroom.  This partially hides the heavy cords from my computer, which I find unsightly. I didn't buy it because I wanted to first measure. I hoped it hadn't been sold, and no, it hadn't. Went in and bought it--ten bucks--and hauled it home.
Now comes the frustrating part: I had a terrible time getting the Internet back after all kinds of machinations involving plugs, wires, and other computer crap. Finally did, after almost dislocating my shoulder for various reason. But oh, well, it's finally okay--I hope--and I'm back on. I still have to rearrange the books on it, plus those on my larger bookcase.
Infuriating? My AAA rep, Crystal, called to ask me to release my car from Adamson's Towing in Ojai. What? I had, on Tuesday. The guy asked if I'd release the car, I said yes, and asked if I had to sign anything. HE SAID NO, JUST A VERBAL RELEASE WAS OKAY.  I  got my stuff out of the car and Don and I left. I told Crystal this and she said yes, a verbal release was fine. She indicated she would call Adamson today and/or get them or AAA to reimburse me for the rental car. Went to Surfers Point for my walk and when I got home and picked up the mail, I had a lien from the towing company from hell for $225 for leaving my car there! AAGH! I have to wait until 9:00 to call Crystal and get her on the case.
More infuriating: I had had Poinsettia Toastmasters on my calendar, but thought I had put it on the wrong day, so crossed it out. At 6:20, CC texted me, asking where I was so I could open up. I realized I had mistakenly believed yesterday was the first Monday, when actually, it was the second; rushed over there in a sour mood. However, I had Table Topics and it went over very well.
Fulfilling? Well, it was wonderful walking on The Promenade along the beach. Also, I found the disc of two large formal pictures of my Dad when he was at Villanova. One is his debating team, the other the track team. I have the originals on my wall and had told my nephew Jim (my Dad's namesake) I had had a disc made of them and would let him borrow it if I could find it. I did and mailed it yesterday.
Best of all, I'm taking Ellen out to dinner for her birthday, which is today, September 11. Yay for the day and yay for the daughter!

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...