Sunday, September 23, 2018

Party

I didn't walk in the morning, as nephew Steve had texted me they'd pick me up at 10. However, his wife, Robyn, called later to say it would be later. They got here about 11:30 and off we went to Santa Barbara.
We helped with some cleaning up and decoration before the other guests came a little after 2:00. It was fun and I saw and spoke to some of the couples I've met before at Carolyn. However, I didn't want it to be dark when I walked to the bus from the train stop (it isn't an actual depot), so Robyn drove me to the station to get the 4:40 train. That worked out fine, as it was still broad daylight when  I walked to Main Street. Caught the 6:16 bus home.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I love that you find the bus so easy to use for getting around. I don't think we have any local bus routes here....must check. We do have routes that go to Phila. I think seniors can ride all around Phila for free or a minimal charge.

Mimi said...

Pat, it's surprising how easy it is. Even when I get a car, I'm going to continue taking the bus when I can. It's good for my pocketbook, since I'll be using less gas and good for my body, because I walk more without even thinking about it. Also, I don't necessarily have to retrace my steps back to where I parked the car--so for me, it's win-win.

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...