Friday, September 28, 2018

A Variety

I had every intention of resuming my Kindall walk yesterday, but when I went out to the car, I saw a heavy fog. I didn't want to drive in it, so just walked the neighborhood.
After breakfast, I was finally able to go to several supermarkets to replenish my dwindling provisions. I got blueberries, fresh and frozen, spinach, spaghetti squash, grapes, and tomatoes, as well as t. paper and paper towels. The latter were on sale at Ralph's if you bought both, and I did. But then, I realized I had room for the former, but no space for the latter. Aha! I remembered what Pat R. does--store them in the trunk of her car and that's what I'm doing now.
Called Hertz to tell them I was coming over for to get a full tank, which I guess is some kind of "thank you" for buying there. Chatted with Laurie, my sales rep, got the gas, then sped away. One of the nice features on this car is that it tells you how many miles the car will go with the gas in the tank. I know this is old hat for many, but I never had it before and I like it.
BTW, I figured up how much I spend on gas. I was stunned at the totals: It cost me from a low of $96 to a high of $154 a month and added up to $1471 a year! Considering I don't work and all my travel is for play, so to speak, that's crazy, but I guess the fact that I go to town and back every day is the reason. Then and there, I resolved to take the bus when I go there and I did yesterday. I first drove to my blood pressure place--Wal-Mart--and BP was 118/69, which I assume is okay. Left the car home and took the bus and got off at the library. Walked to The Promenade, then to Main Street, which totals about two miles.  Fine by me.
My new friend, recently widowed Stella, called me last night. She's looking forward to seeing me and meeting the other "Soaring Spirits" for lunch on Monday.
Now, today, I hope it isn't foggy again, as I want to get back to Kimball.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

That's a very good B/P Rosemary. I'd love to have it. I bet your walking contributes big time to your B/P.

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...