Saturday, September 01, 2018

T.O.P.S.

Slept late, as noted, so walked Kimball late and didn't get back until practically the middle of the afternoon--i.e., 8:20. Changed and zipped off to T.O.P.S. I hadn't attended on the three preceding Fridays, so was prepared to take my lumps, being sure I had gained, considering my wild abandon in Salinas and eating out since.
Glory be and happy day--I maintained at 128.6! Okay, that set me up and I'm coming out of my blue period. (Because of happenings I don't want to record here, I had been down a bit yesterday. I always have to remember to hang on and I'll overcome it.)
Didn't get back from T.O.PS. for breakfast until 10:30, which always makes me cranky. Happily, I refrained from my usual pained comments when the meeting deviated into Lennie's husband's eye problem, Sharon's husband's new motorcycle, and Lora's upcoming trip to Spain (she's a travel agent).
Stopped at Ralph's for Romaine and cleanser. After lunch, I dry-mopped, then wet-mopped the hard floors, which takes only about 20 minutes, then took the bathroom rugs and things to the wash. I don't put these in the dryer, but put them over patio chairs to dry in the sun. I was told sunlight kills germs and, although I don't believe in germs (after all, I've never seen one), I kind of like the idea of the naturalness.
Went back to Surfers' Point for my walk and was surprised to see hordes of high school kids running. It seems there was an area meet. It was fun to see them and although they ran on the bike path where I walk, they used only the first few hundred yards and was able to do the rest.
This time, I completed the mile course, then the mile back, plus walked over the bridge. All in all, I figure I did about three miles, which pleased me.
Drove the the library after and read for a bit. Got home about 5:00 and Suzanne invited me in. I sat and chatted for a bit, then went next door to my place and cooked up a turkey stir-fry.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...