Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Here And There

Walked the few blocks to the post office at 6:30, then extended to about a little more than a mile. After breakfast, I called Laurie at Hertz Car Sales to say I wanted more info on the car she had shown me last week. She called back to say it was sold--damn!  However, she said they had another red one, a hatchback, and might I be interested? Yes, and in the meantime, I decided to try getting to WinCo.
It turned out to be a piece of cake, although I had to take four buses (two there, two back). Also, I knew I couldn't get a big order--which I really need--because I couldn't carry it. However, I got what I most needed, so that was okay.
Called Betty from the bus and was pleased that she sounded almost--almost--like her old self when we chatted. Home, had lunch, then took off for town. I got a different bus, which took me to Thompson Street, but that was okay, as I had decided to walk The Promenade. Once I disembarked, though, the weather had gotten chilly and I had on only a light top. Decided against it and just visited The Coalition, where I found a wonderful paper Japanese umbrella. I needed it like a hole in the head, so of course, I bought it.
Walked to the library, read a bit, then caught the bus for home.

3 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I often order things from CVS online. If it's over $40 S&H is free. Big bulky pkgs...paper towels, distilled H20 etc are delivered to my door. Then I find a 30% discount coupon in the order when it arrive.

Mimi said...

I get my meds from CVS through the mail, but not, as a rule, household items. I actually enjoy grocery shopping to an extent; not only do I get to pick and choose, but it's part of my activity/get out of the house routine. Don't get me wrong--there are things I order on-line. Believe it or not, the sneakers that fit me perfectly and feel good, I buy that way. I think it's very convenient for certain things; I just prefer "in person" for others.

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I was thinking of things I buy in bulk which are too large to bring up to my apt. I have to use distilled water in my CPAP machine and I like to get several gallons in advance so I won't be without the water. But yes, I too have always enjoyed grocery shopping...for some reason I dislike clothes shopping so QVC works well for me.

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...