Saturday, September 15, 2018

Car

Kimball, then lotsa stuff.
The rep from the election board called and asked if I could work on November 6.  I had almost forgotten I had applied for that, but agreed immediately--sounds interesting and you get a big hundred and twenty bucks, which you don't have to declare on your income tax. (Gawd, I wouldn't  do it for  the money; just for the new experience.)
Got e-mails from AAA and Enterprise and spent several hours after lunch at that car sales place. They had a nice Hyundai in gold, in Goleta, but Jamie, my salesperson (a guy, not a gal) said he'd drive over and get it last evening. I did just about everything, such as forms and signatures, aside from actually buying the car; said I'd be back today, after I found out when Ellen was available to go with me. In the meantime, I received an e-mail from Tokyo son, suggesting an alternative plan, i.e., something other than buying a car. El called after I got home and we talked about it. Upshot is, I'm going to hold off until I try a certain experiment. I just don't want to go into more detail right now.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...