Saturday, September 22, 2018

Lots

Lots going on still. I decided to walk to T.O.P.S.--a mile and three-quarters, which approximated my daily Kimball walk, with a little additional.  Weighed in at 127.8, so I lost a bit, but nothing significant. Good, I'm perfectly satisfied with hovering around 128.
The meeting was slightly more interesting than usual. Lolly brought in a can of jack fruit she had gotten at Trader Joe's. I understand it shreds and you can make it taste like pork if you drown it in barbecue sauce. (Hey, you could make crepe paper taste like pork if you drowned it...) With our secretary, Bobbi, out, I volunteered to take the minutes and did so.
Sharon took me home, but I didn't get in and have breakfast  until 10:30. After that, I tried to find the bus that goes to Santa Barbara, but the web site was confusing and I think I'll stick with the train this time. I'll only need it to go back home, though, as nephew Steve texted me to say they'd pick me up. He, Robyn, and Dex are staying at Carolyn's overnight.
Laurie from Hertz called to tell me about a Nissan Versa, in red. She drove it over and I went for a spin. I like it pretty well, but will see what Jamie at E has to offer, too.
Took the bus to town to deposit a check at BOA, then another bus to a store where I bought blueberries and olive oil. Home, dinner, then Stella, the woman Diane told me about, called. We talked for--get this--one hour and fifteen minutes. We made a date for tomorrow, Sunday, for lunch; I'll meet her at the mission after she attends mass there and we'll walk down to the Aloha.  More about Stella later.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...