Monday, September 24, 2018

Stella

I walked a usual distance in the morning--maybe a mile and a half--in the neighborhood, then did my Sunday stuff. Called Stella to see if we were still on for lunch at Aloha. We were and she'd call me when she got out of mass in Ojai. I took the bus into town and got off at the library, then walked the few blocks to The Promanade. Stella didn't get there until about 1:00, but that was okay, since I don't like to eat before then.
We had a good time together. I like Stella and she seemed considerably more upbeat than she had on the phone. We both got half BLTs and clam chowder and talked and talked. Stella's only child, her son, Joshua, is 40 and lives in Spain; divorced, no children. As far as I could understand, he's a dancer, although he doesn't seem to pursue that career. Stella speaks very softly and I have a slight hearing problem in one ear, so I may not have understood.
After, we strolled on the promenade. Stella is very slender, but seems not very active; she got winded after a fairly short time, although we weren't walking fast. We stood at the railing overlooking the beach for a bit while I told her about Soaring Spirits. I told her I'd let her know when we meet next time, then we said goodbye.
Walked up  to Main again and went a few blocks before taking the bus. Got off at the store and bought this and then, then re-boarded and went home.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...