Thursday, September 27, 2018

Wheels! 😊

I gots me my wheels! 😄
Bought a red Hundai yesterday, enduring hours at Hertz, but the price is right, it looks good, and I like it. I'm not as excited about it as I was about my little gold beauty, but considering I had no intention of giving it up, I guess that's understandable.
By the time I got out of the place, it was after 2:00. I rushed home--well, I didn't "rush," but drove sedately, which will be my mode from now on--changed, gobbled two crackers and some grapes, and walked to the bus stop to go to town for Happy Hour.
Nancy, Carolyn, Diane and I met at Lure and, as ever, enjoyed ourselves. Club Fiore is still my favorite, but this was good, too. We stayed until after 6:00, at which point Carolyn said we should have left earlier because she and I were going to the Power Point Toastmasters. We finally did leave and she drove us to Cypress Point for the meeting.
We spent a half hour or so trying to find the building where it was held, finally asking someone and discovering we were on the wrong side of the street. There's a Cypress Point complex and a Cypress Meadows complex and we got them confused. Finally arrived, though.
Carolyn, a nice person, seems to have a problem with self-esteem or something.  She became very upset and worried because we were going to be late. We were, but so what? We just missed the regular meeting--which was all to the good, if you ask me--but got there in time for the six power point presentations.
Sue D., from Poinsettia, gave the same talk ("Labyrinths") she had done on Monday and I honestly think she was the best one. Her presentation was solid, illustrations pertinent, and delivery strong. The others tended toward the kinds of wishy-washy, juvenile admonitions that bored the hell out of me in second-grade ("give a man a fish...," "don't pick apples, plant apple trees,"  etc.),  and don't do much for me now. Nevertheless, I enjoy being with Carolyn, although she's the worse driver I ever knew--seriously--and was glad I went.
And now, in an hour or so, I'll drive my car to Kimball and resume my regular morning park walk--yay!
Note: One of the reasons I exited from Poinsettia was because I wanted to clear the decks and spend more time on honing my play. I did yesterday, before I went to Hertz and I want to set aside time each day for writing.


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...