Monday, September 17, 2018

Tattooed Ladies and Lure

Yet another active day: After Kimball and the usual Sunday morning routine, I showered, washed my hair, and dressed to get ready for Nancy and her daughter-in-law, Erin. They got here about 11:00 and we drove off to Oxnard.
They had thought the Maritime Museum opened at 10 and it does on weekdays, but on Sunday, it didn't until noon. That was okay; we strolled along the harbor walk--very nice and nautical, with hundreds of boats of all sizes.  Went in when the museum opened and viewed The Tattooed Ladies exhibit. It was great fun and even interesting.
After we left, Nancy mentioned she and Erin had thought Happy Hour at Lure Seafood (they have it all day) might be a good idea, to which I enthusiastically agreed. We drove back to Ventura and Lure, which was bustling with business, but we got a table right away. The other two got Chardonnay, but I stuck to beer and enjoyed wonderful New England clam chowder and oysters on the half shell. Yummy-yum, I love raw oysters, and these were excellent.
Erin drove me home after a very enjoyable excursion and we said goodbye. I immediately changed into my walking clothes (I had dressed "up" a bit earlier) and caught the bus to town. Off at the library and read in there for a half hour or so, then walked to The Promenade and down to the Mission street, where I caught the bus home. Just picked up my grocery list and went right out again to get fruit, spinach, and other essentials.
Now I have to decide whether to keep the rental car or not. Today, I've had it for two weeks and it just seems to be pouring money down a drain. I e-mailed Jamie at Enterprise and asked him to find me a less expensive car; hope to hear back from him soon.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...