Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Tuesday

What a hell of a day. No Kimball walk and no car.
I woke up at 3:00 am with an aching arm, side, and neck. Took aspirin and have been every few hours, so it's now subsiding, except for a slight ache in the back of  my neck.
Called AAA, arranged this and that with them, then called the towing place in Ojai to find out where it was, so I could get the rest of my stuff out of the car. I called Hertz and reserved a Ford Fiesta like mine, but we'll see if they have one when I get there.
I remembered Don O., who used to live here, but moved to Cypress Meadows not far away. I called him to see if he'd drive me to Ojai for twenty bucks. He would and got here about 2:00. We went, I found the towing place, emptied the car, then drove back. El called after school and I told her what was going on.
Home about 4:00 and walked over to Vons for tomatoes, then stopped at Suzanne's. She was disconcerted to hear about the accident and said it was no problem at all to drop me at Hertz before she goes to work this morning, so we'll leave in 45 or so, at 7:00.
I did walk along Telegraph Road about a mile, I think, during which Sue called me and we chatted a bit. She said they're going to sell their boat on which they've lived for more than ten year, and move to an apartment. Boat living, or whatever it's called, is just too much work, especially since her Mac has steadily advancing dementia.
Boy, nobody gets off easy in this world.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Sorry to hear about the accident. Try soaking in a warm tub for the aches and pains. Even though no one was seriously hurt...it sure throws you for a loop. Ya jest nevah no.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat. I just got a rental car, so at least I have wheels.

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...