Sunday, September 02, 2018

Lunch With Ellen

Walked Kimball, but very early and it was Saturday, so saw only Irene and Carolyn. Had my usual breakfast, then did some stuff on this laptop until Ellen called. She was at the hairdresser's and did I want to go to lunch after she finished? Yes, indeed, and we met about 1:00 at the Hillside Cafe.
This is the place where you get "free" mimosas and as many refills as  you want. The catch is that you have to order off the jacked up brunch menu for that. In other words, a breakfast burrito that's listed as $10.95 on the regular menu is $14,95 for brunch. I'm guessing, but I doubt the champagne in the bottomless mimosas is Dom Perignon at a hundred and fifty a bottle, so I decided on a sandwich and a Corona instead.
Anyway, it was nice to sit out on the patio and chat with my darling daughter. I''m always interested in hearing about her third-graders and the trials and triumphs of teaching them. After, we went back to her  old neighborhood, the duplex on El Cajon Street, where she lived from 2001 until she bought her first house in 2007. We strolled around, then sat in the park nearby. El said her cousin, my niece, Carolyn, had invited us to a Labor Day barbecue tomorrow, so she, Greg, and I will go to that. We parted about 3:00 and I stopped at Ralph's for yet more blueberries and shredded cheddar.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...