Friday, September 07, 2018

Around Town

Walked at my regular Kimball time and met up with Ed, Irene, and Carolyn; told them about my accident. Carolyn said she had had to go to Urgent Care on Saturday.  Her small bureau had fallen and cut her leg when she was moving it upstairs with her daughter; she had to have seven stitches.
Nephew Jim texted me and said he and his Dad, my brother, Frank, will come down from L.A. today, pick me up, and we'll go for lunch. Great, and I suggested they come back here, as I have old pictures Frank and he will like to see.
I tidied up a bit and vacuumed and dusted in anticipation of their arrival. Tried to think of a nice restaurant we can go to. Went to WinCo for a few things and impulsively decided to stop at Rolling Oaks to see if I could get the chest x-ray without an appointment. I could, although I had to wait about a half hour, but then was in and out in ten or so.
Stopped for gas, went home for lunch, then to Surfers Point. Stopped at the Aloha--if Jim and Frank want to go into town, that would be a good place to eat. There's also the Blue Agave and, of course, Limon y Sal and its wonderful, art deco setting.
I walked a good two miles along the promenade over the beach. Took pictures of the surfers and some of the luscious ocean scenes. Stopped at WinCo for a second time that day, as I had forgotten lettuce. Betty called while I was there and we chatted.
Home for a chicken and beets dinner, showered and washed my hair, then settled down for the evening.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...