Thursday, September 13, 2018

My Car And Happy Hour

The usual morning routine walking Kimball, etc.  Did a wash and tidied up a bit.  Did a lot of computer stuff and, although I had no salad ingredients for lunch, didn't feel like going out to get any. I just heated up the cooked carrots and spaghetti squash, and ate some tuna for protein.
I got a call from Crystal at AAA to say the  person in the other car said he was injured and has an attorney. This is absolute bullshit, but I just have to let AAA handle  it.
After lunch, I walked to the bus stop across Telegraph Avenue, got the bus, and rode to the library. It still seems remarkable that it's free and so convenient. While I was walking toward Surfers Point, Crystal from AAA called to tell me my car had been totaled--not a surprise. I'll get the estimates and so on from the appraiser today.
Walked back to the library and read for awhile, then met Diane, Nancy, and Carolyn at Limon y Sal for Happy Hour at 5:00. Going up in the elevator, we met the owner. I remember Ellen had said his child went to her school and I asked him about it. It seems he knows he, too, as he's been an active parent.
We sat at our usual on the balcony and had a good time. A guy came up and chatted with me--actually, sort of flirted.  He said he was thirty years old and I told him I had a grandson older than that, but it was fun, nevertheless. I had gotten Happy Hour from Lure restaurant around the corner and we decided we'd go there at 4:00, then maybe go to L y S at 5:00.
Carolyn insisted on taking me home, although I was fine with taking the bus. She did, but her driving style drives me crazy. She drives extremely slowly (and she just turned sixty, much the youngest of the group), going about 20 in a 40 MPH zone, and stays hunched over the wheel with both hands clutching it.  However, we got back and that was okay.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...