Sunday, September 30, 2018

Various

Kimball, where I met up with several park pals.
After breakfast, I started on the game I'm creating for T.O.P.S. (I signed up to do the program on Friday.) It's more complicated than I thought it would be to make, but I think they'll like it.  Went to the supermarket and got more tomatoes. then again roasted a pound or two with onions and seasonings.
I was about to leave for town after lunch when Suzanne stopped over to talk about my car and lots of other topics. I mentioned to her that I had seen a power point presentation by Sue D., from Poinsettia Toastmasters, both there and at Cypress Point. Her subject,"Labyrinths," interested me and I told her Sue had included info on local ones, including at St. John's, where Suzanne works. Would I like to see it? Sure, and we're going there today, then to lunch.
Suzanne was just leaving when Ellen called and we had long chat--about an hour, in fact. She was going to ask me over today, but I had just made plans with Suzanne, so we'll get together next weekend. I got another very welcome phone call to firm up plans for Thanksgiving--I'm looking forward to that, too, of course.
I called my dear friend, Marge, to whom I hadn't spoken for months, and was heartened by the fact that sounds better than she had. She does suffer from allergies and must use a walker, but at 91, she's not doing too badly and we had a good talk. Also called my cousin, Marifran, whom I call "my Cincinnati Sis," and left a message.
Got a call from Laurie at Hertz, asking when I can come in to have her put Blue Tooth in my car. The Ford didn't have that capability, so I was pleased; I'll go on Thursday.
Next week is shaping up to be pretty busy, what with that, a color and cut appointment, widder lunch, the Dudley House docent gig, Happy Hour, T.O.P.S., and possibly, a reception at the museum.
Took my usual buses and back and forth to town.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...