Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Horrors

If I wrote a novel about yesterday, I would call it The Horrors of Modern Life. I won't go into the particulars, but just relate that I was on the phone with Blue Shield of California from 10:00 am to after 2:00. My travail including listening to the same damn recorded blurbs about sixteen times, which go on for the first 7 or 8 minutes; being on hold for twenty minutes at a time, and the lousy insurance company having multiple problems with their phone lines. Like what? Oh, like not being able to hear the caller right in the middle of a detailed listing of the problem...

And so on.  

But enough of all that. I prepared as well as I could and, after talking to Ellen for a bit, I dashed out and grabbed a bus. I had vaguely thought I'd travel to town, but didn't--just got off at the mall and went to Target for pretzels and diet 7Up. Yes, those two are my secret vices. Along with my mostly vegetable meals, I indulge in things like that during my hour of T.V. watching...

Which brings me to: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, which I finished watching. I think it should be shoo-in for an award as the worst picture ever made by humans or aliens, maybe. Even Leo and Brad couldn't save it; in fact, they were two of the guilty parties.

Now I'm re-watching one of my favorites: Up In The Air. It's eleven years old, but so what? Clooney is captivating and the rest of the cast is spot-on. Terrific movie.

Re horrors: I'm also deeply into (ha!) Over The Edge: Death At Grand Canyon, which is no novel, unfortunately for those who went over, accidentally or on purpose. It's pretty horrible, all right, but absorbing. 

One more horror: My appointment in three hours with the billing supervisor at Johnson Family Dental.


1 comment:

Nunung said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...