Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Jim, Teeth, And Roasted Chicken

I was pleased to get an early call from Jim, asking to meet for lunch yesterday. Sure, I had no other plans, so why not? I finished my letter to my great-niece, the bride to be,* added the picture and marriage certificate of my parents, and walked it to the P.O. I stopped at Von's on the way back to pick up romaine and several pounds of chicken legs and thighs (I prefer them to breasts--more flavorful). 

I then spent what seemed to be days (it was actually only about two hours) with Blue Shield about dental insurance I just picked up. Talked to several people on the phone, looked over my "dental plan" from Family Dental, and ordered the printed information concerning it. It's just too long and boring to go into all my questions and problems, and I'm still not finished.

I also called Dr. T.'s office about the skin cancer surgery, but hung up before I got anyone because I want to know what day is best for Ellen. I emailed and she doesn't care which--either the day before or after Thanksgiving, when she's off. I'll try for the latter.  

Hard-boiled some eggs and used one for a sandwich. Made it up and packed it with a can of beer, then met Jim in the middle at 1:00. We stayed talking until 4:00, as usual ranging over a variety of topics, this time including our esteemed President, about whom he's as rabid as most of those I know. As with my nephew, I asked if he had ever discussed--without the usual neo-lib haughty assumption of virtue--why someone voted for him. I wasn't surprised when he responded emphatically that those who voted for T. were either racists, intellectual Neanderthals, or out-and-out Nazis. Sure.

However, it was good, as ever, to talk to him. We parted about 4:00 and when I got back, I oiled and seasoned my chicken and put it in a slow oven for an hour, then at 425 for fifteen. I found this recipe on the Internet and consider it the best baked chicken. Had some for dinner, and it was excellent. 


No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...