Thursday, November 12, 2020

Betty And Bingo

Left at 9:00 and arrived at Betty's at 11:15. She was, of course, engaged in playing Bingo, courtesy of the Friendship Center Zoom program. She introduced me as her twin sister and I waved to the--well, the iPad. I'm not proud of the fact that I was vocal about my annoyance that she continued to play for forty-five minutes. If we didn't have a history, I would have shrugged it off and occupied myself with something else until she was finished, but--well, we do have a history.

It was finally over and I suggested we go to The Natural Cafe for lunch. ("Where's that? "Right down the street..." "Can we walk there?" And so on.) She's been there many times. After quite a bit of preparation, we got there and found a table on the patio. Betty complained that the food was expensive ("Ten dollars for a hamburger!") and she didn't like the patio because the seat was too low. To rememdy the second, I took her inside to a booth. (The restaurant was not crowded.) However, by then, she said her food (a roasted veggie dish) was cold, so I sent it back to be warmed up.  I'm not even including the rest of the problematic session--next time, I'll bring lunch for both of us.)  We finally finished and went back to her place to play Sorry! and Chutes And Ladders until it was time for me to go. I left at 3:00, which meant it was dark by the time I walked in at 5:30. 

Next time, maybe I'll try for a weekend. At least they don't have Bingo then.

For the very first time since I got back from New Mexico, I had trouble sleeping last night. I know it's from tension and--in this instance, probably, caused by a guilty conscience at my unkind reaction to the Bingo thing. The thing is, she most likely has forgotten about it, one of the few benefits of this rotten disease. I'll call my dear sis today just to chat. 


No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...