Saturday, November 14, 2020

Various

As ever on Fridays, I went to the T.O.P.S. weigh-in, right here, as usual. I wasn't surprised or upset that I gained some. At home, I weighed in at 127.8, a gain of 2.2 and at T.O.P.S., 128.7, a gain of 2.5. I'm still within my comfort zone of 125 to 130, so that's okay. Besides me, only Cheryl, Lennie, and Lolly showed up; our group seems to be dwindling all the time. (Bobbi had emailed she had an early doctor's appointment). 

To some extent, I like to make plans for my days. I had decided to bus to the hospital to ask the COVID people if I can walk up, rather than drive up (I was told I have to have a test before my dermatology appointment on December 8). I thought I'd then go to The Market, which is nearby.  So-o-o, after scrubbing and coring three big apples and putting them in the smaller slow cooker, I took off.

Accomplished my tasks and got back home about 1:30. Lunched, then walked to Smart 'n' Final for blueberries, romaine, and salad dressing. Back and forth, combined with my walk from the transit center to the hospital, I did roughly four miles, which was fine.

Betty called after dinner to ask if I wanted to go to some luncheon (or something) on Thursday at the Natural Café near her. I couldn't figure out exactly what she was talking about, but it could be some kind of charity affair, I guess. She said Carolyn could tell me about it and, when she calls, I'll ask her. 

Suzanne called after dinner, just to catch up and we talked for fifteen or so. It was pleasant, now that we know something of each other's families. It occurred to me, though, that she's one of those who seem not just cautious, but almost paranoid about IT. 😨 Once in a while, we've sat out front to chat (which I vastly prefer to phone or Zoom), and then, she pulls her chair way away from mine and wears a mask. Maybe the obedience thing has to do with her "calling." In my experience, sisters of mercy don't question authority; if they do, they don't stay sisters of mercy.   


1 comment:

Nunung said...

Assalamualaikum Mbah menawarkan bantuan... Punya masalah??
��Musuh
��Saingan bisnis/politik
��Transfer janin
��Keuangan
��Karir
��Pengasihan
��Asmara
��Penglaris usaha.DLL
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oVyBluHmsJc#dialog
K.H Hasyim Anwar Di No 0853 3733 4757 Atau
KLIK DISINI

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...