Saturday, November 21, 2020

Out And About Again

Noreen called me early to let me know she wasn't coming here to T.O.P.S. after all. It seems the doctor had a cancellation and she took it; it's related to her upcoming knee replacement.

Remarkably, I lost another 2.2 pounds, which brings me to 126.4 at T.O.P.S., well within my comfort zone. We "voted" (four out of five of us) to skip meeting next week, the day after Thanksgiving, which I think is stupid, especially since none of us are going anywhere, but oh, well...

Breakfast late, as always on Fridays, then I walked to the P.O. to mail a card. Got the 6 bus to Telephone, then the 11 to Barnes & Noble. I want to replace my password book and there's a particular one I always use; Internet said B & N stocked it, but they don't and I don't like the ones they do. I'll look further.

On the way home, I stopped off at the mall and Johnson Family Dental to be sure Angie had refunded my $4780 to my credit card. She had, but said it would take up to three weeks because her boss had to approve, then corporate, then the man in the moon, then God--damn! You can be sure I wouldn't have been eligible for this "promotion" if I hadn't paid it when they said I had to.

After lunch, I took off for town. Since I'm now in the habit of movie-watching, I bought five more DVDs. I finished watching The Painted Veil the night before last and boy, was it good. I now think Ed Norton is the sexiest man alive, surpassing George Clooney and even Matt Damon.

Betty called and we had a short conversation. I called Ellen to see if she can make overseas calls. She thinks she can and we'll try calling brother Jim in Bangkok when I'm there on Thanksgiving.  


No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...