Monday, November 02, 2020

Sunday

Busy day yesterday, natch, but morning included my favorite Sunday activity (no, it sure as hell isn't church). I'm referring to the big crossword puzzle, which was very satisfying to do again after a hiatus of more than a month. 

After, I took my little cart and walked to the market and back (three miles total) for cauliflower, carrots, lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. Combined the last two and baked with garlic and seasonings for the usual addition to my salad lunch. Because of the time change, I was late with everything--still am--so didn't eat until after 2:00.

I thought I'd bus into town after that, but got waylaid by going through, categorizing, and otherwise dealing with the gigantic pile of mail sent while I was gone. That generated a list of the things I still have to do, plus I haven't completely unpacked and want to wash some things, but will do that today.  

On my way to the market and around the complex, I ran into Don, who used to live here and we chatted for a bit. Within the complex, I also saw Gordon and later, Chuck, who do live here. More significantly, as I was coming in the gate, David was going out on his bike. We talked and he pointed out that the utilities bill for November contains a seventy-nine percent increase in the water charge. So what gives, we want to know, and will pursue this. Speaking of guys, I want to call Jim today and see if he can come over for outdoor lunch this week. Will also call Betty, as I want to visit her.

I still haven't been able to figure out how to change the time on my phone, which tells me it's two hours earlier than it actually is. I'll look it up.    

 



No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...