Sunday, November 01, 2020

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety, Jig

(Initial note: Boy, it's interesting when you travel over time zones while Daylight Savings Time ends. I slept like a stone, but awoke to see my phone telling me it was 5:36. Got up to turn on the coffee and saw the battery-run clock in the kitchen read 6:36. This laptop? 7:36! Okay, I'm going to trust my computer now, at 8:11--I think.)

As for yesterday: I was up at 6:30 and left for Albuquerque at 8:00. Boarded the plane for Phoenix, landed and rushed about a mile (it seemed like) to the plane headed for LAX. Because of the one-hour time change (California is earlier), I got there about 2:45. Airporter came at 3:30 and took me to Five Points where Ellen picked me up. She had gotten Thai takeout--spring rolls (so-so) and glass noodles with chicken (delish).  She also--sweet girl--brought me a Blue Moon and I had that with dinner.

She left, I unpacked about twenty percent of the mountain of things I had brought back (and the three large packages I had sent from NM are on the way), then jumped in the shower. Settled down to watch part of a DVD tribology of James Dean's three major movies. It started with a twenty-year-gone "remembrance" of him by a number of big Hollywood stars, including Natalie Wood, Sammy Davis, Jr., Rock Hudson, and many, many others. This was eerie because it's forty-five years later and every single one of them has now died.  Unfortunately, it was also pretty boring, maybe because Dean's over the top style of acting is now as dead as he is. I turned it off and enjoyed more Marie Kondo's "Tidying Up."


 

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Glad you're safely back from your eye-popping trip to that wonderful part of the country. You even got to experience snow. I totally share your perception of the acting from days gone by. I think today's style is the way we currently live and speak. Yet, I still like those old stories...not James Dean tho.
Anyhow, welcome back to the other gorgeous part of the country.
I think it's always exciting to plan a trip, experience it and then it's soooo good to come home.

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...