Sunday, November 22, 2020

Jim, Betty, And Me

 Walked to the market for veggies and so on. While I was there, Jim called just to say he was at his office (Ventura College), but would finish up what he was doing and be here at 1:00.  Now I've added his name to my phone and when I want to call him, I simply start typing in his name and his number comes up. However, I'm not sure why, but when he calls me, only the number shows. Since I don't know it by heart, I'm always about to decline it. So far, I haven't, but I wonder why this is. We agreed he'd call me when he got home to see if we could figure it out, and he did, but we couldn't.

When Jim got here at 1:00, we talked about the phone puzzle, but didn't really settle the question. We did, of course, discuss a lot; this time, mostly politics and history. We are generally on the same wave length, but he's probably more forgiving of our blackhearted politicians than I am. He left about 3:30 and I took a short walk. 

Here's a picture of Betty and me on the porch at 15 South Rosborough, c. 1949:

 It's actually Betty's picture; I borrowed and will return it. I put it on Facebook yesterday and added this one; same porch, but about nine years earlier:

It breaks my heart.



1 comment:

iloveac said...

I love those photos. You too were adorable.

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...