Sunday, April 07, 2019

WinCo And Wine

The sun was blazing away again, so I drove in the opposite direction and went to WinDo (they're open 24 hours) to get spinach, fajitas, cauliflower, and cocktail sauce. By the time I got out, it was close to 8:00, but I drove back to Kimball and did the circuit.
Breakfast was a little late, but that was okay. After, I prepped the cauliflower by chopping it and using the mandolin to thinly slice some onions. I combined them with seasonings, a little oil, and the "juice" I had saved from the asparagus the night before, then put it in the slow cooker.
Betty called to ask when I was coming to Santa Barbara. As we had discussed two days ago and what is my regular day to visit her, it's Tuesday. Planted my three new miniature rose bushes; I fervently hope they grow and prosper.
After lunch, I caught the bus for town, forgetting it was a festival day. That meant the bus didn't continue down Main, but turned onto Thompson. That was fine by me; I just walked to Main from there.
The place was buzzing--Main Street was closed to traffic in favor of vendors, kiddie rides, and so on. It was a perfect day: sunny, but not too warm, and there were lots and lots of people there, which was so festive. There had their usual "wine walk." This is a fenced off area of a small park. The idea is to buy a ticket (I'm not sure what they cost), then sample all kinds of wines from booths set up. I've never done this because I've always been alone when I've been at this festival and it would be no fun by myself. Stopped in The Coalition thrift store and bought an artificial mum in a vase that looks very real. It was a whopping 90 cents, so could I leave it on the shelf?
I meandered down to The Promenade, walked to the Crown Plaza, and got the bus on Thompson. Home about 5:15 to find my cauliflower done to perfection. I'm afraid the smell from it is probably permeating the apartment complex, but hey, it's good stuff and I can't help it.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...