Thursday, April 11, 2019

Bargains And The Victorian Pub

Walked Kimball, had breakfast, then drove to town at 9:00 to take advantage at the 50 % off sale at Goodwill.
HA! I can hardly believe I do this. I'm far from destitute and I could easily shell out $4.99 for a blouse, instead of waiting to get it for two fifty, but there's something in me that won't permit that. It's the thrill of the hunt or something and I enjoy it, so shoot me. I picked up a purse and an attractive wooden wall hanging for a total of two bucks. Later, in another store, I bought a blouse, a basket, and three small containers, which, incredibly, cost me all together $3.50.
I had an 11:00 appointment at Pep Boys to get my oil changed. Got there a few minutes early and asked how long it would take. An hour and a half--why so long? Well, they rotate the tires, too, and blah, blah, blah. I grumpily left the keys, shopped around the neighborhood and came back at precisely 11; 50---to find my car sitting in the spot where I had left it. Damn, I was mad--if they didn't get to it until noon, did that mean it wouldn't be finished for another hour and a half? I demanded my keys back and drove off after voicing my annoyance. When I got home, I made an appointment for the oil change this morning at 9:00 with Rob, of Rob's Remedies. He's kind of a character, a very fundamentalist Christian who wants to convert me, but not a bad guy.
Changed and set off for the Victorian Pub at 2:30--early, but I decided to walk. It's close to two miles and I was glad to do it; got there early, of course. Shortly, Diane came, then Nancy and Carolyn. We had a good Happy Hour and far-reaching discussions, political and otherwise.
Diane and Nancy both like to call themselves "progressives,"  which they think is progressive, but isn't. Diane favors Sanders and Warren--oh, preserve me--Nancy was cagey about it, and Carolyn said nothing, as usual. Diane then went into her supernatural stuff, which just drives me nuts; this time, it was the remarkable predictive powers of tarot cards.  I was able to keep my mouth shut, but barely.
Anyway, we were there almost two hours. I walked Diane to the bus, then walked home, pleased to put a total of about six miles on the day's total.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...