Saturday, April 20, 2019

T.O.P.S. And Oxnard

Walked Kimball (low clouds). Home, changed, hung around a bit, then left for T.O.P.S.*
I went up just a trifle, from 129.3 to 129.9; being a math moron, I don't know if that's six ounces or what. Anyway, I'm fine with it. The meeting went okay; Sharon read something about vegetables and what they do and we discussed.
Home, breakfast, then I did some food prep. I had a big head of cauliflower and chopped it, combined with oil and Italian seasoning, and put it in the slow cooker. Chopped up a big onion and two sweet peppers for my dinner stir-fry. Drove to Target and WinCo for two more 16-ounce blueberries containers (I eat one each evening), plain yogurt, strawberries, and frozen mango mash and sweet cherries. 
Called Ellen, who said she and Greg had plans for tonight, so we'd go to Carolyn's on Sunday.  Fine, but it occurred to me I could go today, too, in the bus I take to Betty's. No reason why I can't see Frank on both days, so I'll leave shortly. Called Carolyn and she said somebody will pick me up at the courthouse, then take me there again for the 6:55 bus back.
All that taken care of, I decided to take the bus to the Oxnard Transit Center to get a free pass for the Access Van. That's a pleasant enough ride, but it was very windy and anything but warm. Finally got there--it took almost an hour--only to find the free pass thing applies only to the regular bus, not the van. Damn, that web site is misleading, but three bucks for door-to-door is still a bargain.
The stir-fry and cauliflower were delicious and so were my fruit goodies after.  And shortly, I'll be off to Santa Barbara to see my big bro--yay!
*One of the several annoying things about this chapter is that it doesn't start until 9:45. That's practically the middle of the afternoon for me and I don't eat breakfast before I go, so I cool my heels hungry every Friday. Oh, I have a tragic life!**
**So why, pray tell, to I continue there? I could easily attend another chapter at a more convenient time. I just like the people--it's like a sorority house or something, very convivial and much fun a lot of the time.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...