Thursday, April 04, 2019

Happy Hour At Aloha

Walked Kimball, as luckily, there was a light cloud cover.  Stripped the bed, re-made, and took the linens and other wash to the place and did my thing with it.
Drove out to get lettuce and Stella called while I was there. She wanted to know if I was in town, I wasn't and wouldn't be until I met my pals for Happy Hour, so once again, we didn't get together.  I asked if she might be free for lunch on Monday, but she's going to some class that shows you how to use the energy of everybody else in the world.
Sure.
Showered, washed my hair, and dressed. Got to town and the library about 3:00; took a book back and looked at a new bio of Rock Hudson. Left it for later.
Walked down to The Promenade and I was a bit early, so sat in the sun for awhile and took a few pictures.  Went over to the Aloha* at 4:00 to find Carolyn and Nancy there. The three of us sat and chatted, waiting to order until Diane arrived. She was late; I called her and was told she had texted me (I hadn't looked) to tell us the Access van had picked her up late. She finally arrived about 4:20 and we settled into a pleasant Happy Hour. Diane had her usual, Chardonnay, and I mine, craft beer (in this case, a Stella Artois). Nancy had a Bloody Mary, Carolyn a Virgin one; here, they're loaded with spikes sticking out holding bacon strips, chicken satay, shrimp, and even a small hamburger. This goes for sixteen smackers and personally, I'd sooner have an appetizer. I had veggie wraps and they were very good.
C. and N. left about 5:30 and I stayed with Diane until the van came, a few minutes after 6:00. I walked back to the library, got the Rock Hudson book, and took the bus home after an enjoyable day.
*Ventura shore opposite the Aloha Restaurant yesterday:

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...