Friday, April 26, 2019

Various And My Picture

Did the Kimball walkity-walk.  After breakfast, I drove to town and picked up the picture I had bought at good ol' Goodwill. I then drove directly to Silvercrest, where Diane was waiting, and we joined the exercise class.
This week, leader Camille brought different-colored balls and, besides the stretchy stuff and weights, we used them. It was a pretty good workout. After, Diane and I walked down to Grocery Outlet. I didn't really need anything, but I saw the kind of umbrella that you attach to a chair. I thought that would be perfect for my patio--better, actually, then the regular sun umbrella I was planning to buy, because the patio is small and I think this will suffice.
Diane invited me to stay for lunch, but I begged off.  Stopped to get tomatoes and onions on the way home. I put two fresh tomatoes in my salad, then sliced and chopped the rest and put in the oven with oil, vinegar, garlic, and basil. Lunched, then headed off to town.
I had told Stella I'd call her and I left a message telling her I'd be at the Crown Plaza on The Promenade at 3:00. She called back and said she was already home. This time, I tried to be firm when I told her I thought it would be better to make a date a day or a week ahead. I wouldn't mind meeting her for lunch or happy hour, but this last-minute stuff is annoying. In truth, she's pretty annoying herself.
Walked the short loop, then stopped in the Santa Paula Animal Rescue thrift store and bought a (brand new) corkscrew. Diane doesn't have one and I'll keep this and give her my other. Wrote Carolyn B. a message thanking her for the invitation to the Toastmaster thing, but declining. I hope her feelings don't get hurt.
Hung my new picture over the sink and it looks very nice, indeed. Now, I MUST turn my attention to that traffic school thing. I've been ignoring it and the time is getting close when it has to be done.


No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...